YOU WILL NEED
- Plain & Simple Dust Colours
- Paint Creator
- Plain white carnations
- Use a dry dusting brush ,dipping it into the plain & simple dust, and dabbing it first onto a piece of kitchen roll before applying it to your carnation. Keep dusting in this way till you achieve your desired shade of colour ,creating light and dark shades.
Painting (Two tone colour)
- Add edges of colour to your carnations by mixing plain & simple dust with paint creator in a pallet tray to achieve a painting consistency. Using a fine brush carefully paint the edges of the petals. This creates a two tone effect to your carnations. If you add more paint creator, this will give you a paler tone.
Painting (all over coverage)
- Mix plain & simple dust and paint creator as above, but painting all over the carnation. You can create lighter or darker shades of colour by adding more or less of the paint creator.
- When dusting flowers, work the dust into a piece of kitchen roll with a dusting brush. Then apply it to your flower. Dusting in this way makes sure all the colour grains are mixed in well.
- Always apply a light touch of colour first, and if you want a darker shade add another layer of dust. You can always add more, but can't take the colour away.
- By making up all your flowers in white you can colour them whenever you need them.
- Create darker tones to your flowers, by adding a darker colour to the petal edges.
- Always use good quality dusting and painting brushes.
- If only small areas need to be painted, you can mix the dusts with cooled boiled water.