Achieve detail with ease!
YOU WILL NEED
- Double-Sided Food Pen: Orange, Holly/Ivy Green and Coffee (or other colours of your choice)
- 85mm five petal cutter (FMM)
- 70mm five petal cutter (FMM)
- 40mm five petal cutter (FMM)
- Medium blossom plunger Or any flower or shape cutter of your choice
- White flowerpaste
- Once your cake is covered and ready for decoration, you are ready to transform it in the most simple of ways.
- This technique can be used to decorate flowerpaste and sugarpaste that has been mixed with Tylo Powder so that once dry, sets firm. The decorations can be made well in advance and kept in a cool dry place until needed.
- Roll out the flowerpaste to approx 3mm and cut out your choice of shapes. In this case, we have used various sizes of petal cutters. (you can use any flower or shape you wish). Leave until they are hard and completely dry.
- Using your choice of Double-Sided Food Pens, draw on a pattern free hand, using any design from flowers, swirls, dots etc. For best results, keep it simple like in our example and maybe stick to 2 or 3 colours.
- The ink will dry within minutes. You can then attach the shapes to your cake using royal icing. Apply these where required in order to create a balanced design.
- Finish off by repeating with some small shapes (blossoms in this case) and attach these to the cake board at the bottom.